Firearm Training Oklahoma City OK
If you find yourself looking for Firearm Training in Oklahoma City OK then I think you will find the article below has some useful suggestions. Choosing the correct firearm training can be confusing with all the options out there, but it is good to be prepared, in case you do end up deciding on taking firearm training in Oklahoma City OK.
Effective January 1, 2003, the Basic Firearms Safety Certificate Program was replaced with the Handgun Safety Certificate Program. These new statutes affect the general public in two principal ways. First, unless exempt, individuals must possess a Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) prior to purchasing or acquiring a handgun. Second, unless exempt, individuals must perform a safe handling demonstration prior to taking delivery of a handgun from a licensed dealer.
A Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) is valid for five years from the date of issuance.
There are a variety of Handgun Safety Certificate requirement exemptions. It should be noted that these exemptions are not identical to the former Basic Firearms Safety Certificate (BFSC) certification exemptions. Two general BFSC exemption categories, persons who hold a valid hunting license issued by the State of California and persons who were honorably discharged from the military, do not qualify as exemptions from HSC certification requirements.The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling are:
What are the Handgun Safety Certificate requirements?
- 1. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means the gun is pointed so even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
- 2. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
- 3. Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.
When using or storing a gun, always follow these NRA rules:
- Know your target and what is beyond.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
- Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
- Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
- Be aware that certain types of guns and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions.
Did you get any useful ideas from the article? If you did, please feel free to share the article with your family and friends who live in Oklahoma City OK. You just never know when they might be looking for Firearm Training in Oklahoma City OK.
Article Source: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/hscinfo.php
Categories: Firearm Safety Training, Firearm Training, Firearm Training Courses, Gun Safety Course, Gun Safety Training Tags: california handgun safety certificate, concealed handgun license Oklahoma City OK, firearm instructor training Oklahoma City OK, firearm safety training courses Oklahoma City OK, firearm safety training Oklahoma City OK, firearm training course Oklahoma City OK, firearm training Oklahoma City OK, handgun safety certificate Oklahoma City OK, handgun safety course Oklahoma City OK, tactical firearm training Oklahoma City OK